Wednesday, March 14, 2012

new seat

So I'm back from the Firefighter Stairclimb Challenge and have a few minutes to write. I started this last entry about 2 weeks ago when I got my new seat. But all I really did was just load the pics. It's been crazy busy here. A blog about the Seattle trip will come in a day or two, once the pics get loaded. Until then, enjoy the new saddle pics.
Here's the old ISM Adamo Road saddle that belonged to my friend Todd. We called it the bumble bee saddle. It worked really well for me, and made me a believer in the design. Unfortunately, it didn't belong to me and Todd wanted it back when he got his new tri bike. Not unfortunately, the saddle was uglier than almost anything when on my bike. But all that was going to change.

With needing to get a new saddle, I started shopping. I did the research on the ISM site here and decided that the road model was still probably the best option for me. So then it was off to Ebay to shop. I'd been watching several different ISM seats for a while, but never actually bought one. But now I needed to. Fortunate for me, I found the PERFECT saddle!

Here she is. A black and green ISM Adamo road saddle. It's like it was made especially for my felt. The colors match perfectly, and the price was even better. These things retail for $170, but I got mine for under $100 shipped. Harold over at Tri Town says I basically stole the saddle, while Antonio says that the color scheme is a dealer only color and I was very fortunate to get one. Antonio rechecked all the measurements and had me rocking the new seat in no time. He did want to drop me even lower on the bars, but I told him not yet. I'm fairy comfortable with my position right now, and would like to keep it for this season and reevaluate at the end, unless I have some major issues.


I have since done a few rides, both on the trainer and on the road. The new saddle feels just like the old one, comfy. I feel that I can ride all day long on this; and so far, I don't get any soreness after my rides. If you're looking for a new seat, seriously consider the ISM line. They have a ton of different models, and so long as you have someone who knows how they are supposed to be set up they are awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Do you still have this saddle or know where I can find one? I have looked everywhere for one to match my Scott (green/black/white) but apparently they were a demo only thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris- Sorry, I don't have the seat anymore, it went with the Felt when it sold last month. BUT, I do have some great news. While searching for gear for the new bike build, I did happen to find a green/black "breakaway" ISM seat on slowtwitch.com. Not sure what the difference between the "road" and "breakaway" is, but here's the link for you to check it out. Good luck!
    Joey
    http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=4442983;

    ReplyDelete