Sunday, February 26, 2012

Radio interview

WOW!!! What a super crazy week this has been! This week has been full of training and long days at work. I've had some sleepless nights both at home and at work, and it's definitely taken it's toll. But such is the life of working a 24 hour shift and having young kids at home. A while back my buddy Frank and I were talking about our performance and how it suffers because of our schedules at home and work. Frank talked about how much better he can do on the wod's when he's gotten a good night's sleep, and how crazy it is that we can perform at a fairly high level based on the relative exhaustion that we have because of work and home. I got to admit, I didn't get nearly all of the wod's done this week, and I'm actually ok with it. Probably because it was based on being busy, and not just laziness on my part. One day at work, I did do a triple. I swam in the am, got my run intervals in in the afternoon, and then lifted in the evening. I was planning on doing the run and lifting together, but we got a call and then another, and then there was dinner, and so it went almost 4 hours before I could get back into the weight room. I have made my decision on what I will be using for the event, so long as the testing doesn't bring about any bad results. But I will keep my choice until hopefully next week when I get my trial shipment in. I also ordered a new seat for my bike. Todd wants his seat back, so I had to get one for myself. After being on the ISM Adamo seat, I don't think that I could go back to my old seat. I can get off the Adamo and not be sore down below for a day and a half, which is always nice. Hopefully, the seat will be here either tomorrow or Tuesday, and I've been holding my breath ever since.


On Friday, I got to do another radio interview for a local Rock station here in Boise. It's 100.3 the X, and the morning radio show is AWESOME!!! This is the second time that they've let me into the studio to talk about a fundraiser that I'm a part of (last year it was the race to Robie Creek w/ a weight vest). I was running super late to the studio because of a late call that held me over at work. In the madness of being rushed, I couldn't find the camera to snap a few pics of the studio, so instead I have posted a generic pic of Nic and Big J. Both of the guys are great and are awesome at letting me plug my stuff. They are very nice and totally cool.

This week was also the week to register for the Robie Creek half marathon. To make a long story short, I was unable to get a ticket. Now I have the task of deciding how bad I really want to run this event 9 weeks before the Ironman and chase down a ticket from someone else, or just call it a day and do it next year.

Another 4 day started today, and it seems like the daughter is healthy, so we will try once again to keep her in her bed and not wake through the night. So with that, I must bid adios and get some sleep. She'll be waking soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment