Saturday, December 15, 2012

Back in the saddle

           It's been 10 days since the ol' snippy snip. Yesterday was not a good day down below for most of the day. I don't know if it was the jeans I was wearing or what, but it just wasn't comfortable. I'll spare the main details, but as a guy, you never realize how much your junk moves around during the day doing just the regular things like standing up from a sitting position until something like this happens. Then it's every little movement seems to make them rub the wrong way, or get pinched between your leg and pants. There wasn't a ton of pain, but more of a constant ache and cramp. Every day seemed to be better than the previous day until yesterday. Last night I took some Motrin before we left to go see some Christmas lights at the botanical gardens. By the time I got home, I was feeling really good. Today was the first day that I felt 100%. The only workout I did since the procedure was 3x 5:00 on the swim halo 5 days ago.

        Since I was feeling great, I figure it's about time to get back on the bike and see how it goes. I didn't want to over do it today, so I climbed on with a 30min goal, keeping the heart rate aerobic, and playing with the new cycling computer. The 30 min breezed by and I felt great! Hopefully I will feel great tomorrow too, because I plan on an hour long trainer session tomorrow.

          I've decided that I will take the next 2-4 weeks rebuilding my aerobic base since the last 8 weeks have been all over the place for me work out wise. Once the scab down below falls off, I'll get back in the pool. I thought I'd be courteous to all the other pool users and not go in the pool while I still have a scab on the sack. Call me weird, but I'd be grossed out if I knew that someone else was in the pool with that on there body. So for now, it's going to be some halo work, bike base building, running form drills, and some weights. My goal tomorrow at work is the hour long trainer session and then hopefully get through the programming chapter on the Crossfit Endurance model so I can then plot out my next course of action for training. I got distracted with reading the chapter on run form, but now I'm on track for the programming chapter. I'll let you all know how tomorrow goes, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment