Friday, December 28, 2012

After Christmas

            Merry belated Christmas! Christmas has come and gone, and the training is slowly getting back on track. Not because of anything other than the holiday season. The kids, the family, the general holiday stuff. I've been doing my best at not loosing my mind when I don't get consecutive days of work outs. Although I've gotten on the bike every day for the last 3 days which has been huge lately. I even got out to the pool for the first time since the big snip yesterday morning before work. I woke up late, and only had about 20min of actual pool time, but it was still so very nice. Nothing to hard in the water, and I was mostly just screwing around with the new Finis freestyler hand paddles. They seem pretty cool, and I'll get a full review after I've used them more. They do make you go faster and I got squished into the wall during flip turns since I had so much speed coming into the wall. oops.
            I hope everyone got what they wanted for Christmas. Shawna had the boys order me a new pair of custom goggles, and I'm super stoked to see what they will end up looking like. TYR has a custom goggle program that you can check out HERE At the site, they have 3 different goggles to choose from, but then you get to custom select every color on the goggles, from straps, to eye gaskets, to nose pieces. The boys designed them, and apparently Monkey had to tell Bubbee to settle down on the colors, and that not every color possible needed to be on the goggle. They should be here any time and I can't wait.
The other thing that I got, I didn't even know it existed. It's a transition mat that Tritown had made with their logo on it. It's a neoprene backing, and then the textile front that has the logo and a spot for your name. This is perfect to not only help you find your bike in T1, but also a place to stand and not abuse your wetsuit in the parking lot of T1 or during the open water swims in the park lot after practice. I was super surprised at that gift. Once the goggles come in, I'll post pics of both of them, maybe together.

            Winter has finally come upon us, and we even got a white Christmas in the afternoon on Christmas day. This means more trainer workouts, running on the treadmill, and of course the pool. I don't mind winter, but I just miss being able to get out doors to ride/run. But when it comes to running, I'm going to get outside as much as possible. If it's dry, I'll run. The treadmill just seems to suck the life out of me. I honestly don't think that I've gotten a single run in this entire month with the whole snippy snip procedure. I ran the other day while towing the kids behind me on the sled and used it as a great opportunity to work on my Pose running form from what I've read in the CFE book. It was actually starting to come together and make sense. Dragging the kids behind me was a great resistance and forced me to slow down, but also forced me to increase my lean forward and my knee pull. It was something that was spur of the moment, but I ended up learning a ton about how a really good Pose method feels. Now, if I can only keep it up for some distance with some speed........


No comments:

Post a Comment