Monday, September 10, 2012

11 years later

11 years ago the twin towers fell. I can still remember where I was that day. I woke up to my step-mom yelling at me to wake up from sleeping in the loft of their house. I stumbled down stairs and saw the towers fall. I grabbed my pager from work, and sure enough, there was a ton of pages asking everyone to come in and man the ambulances just in case. I decided not to go into work that day. I lived in the Los Angeles area and worked in San Bernardino county. My thinking was that if anything else was going to happen, it'd be in the city and not out where I worked. I had friends in LA City fire and Burbank fire, and thought that I could probably jump on with one of them if it really got bad.
11 years later and we are still remembering. I will continue to remember. My helmet has a sticker on the back that has the Fighting 343 for the 343 FDNY firefighters that were killed that day. We must not forget the fact that we still have troops on the ground fighting and dying to help prevent another Sept 11th. So long as there are those that are "down range" we must never forget them. We can not forget the sacrifices that their brother's in arms have made either. Thank you to those who have fought, and continue to fight for our freedom. Freedom is never free, and we will never forget you!

No comments:

Post a Comment