Monday, January 30, 2012

Decisions......

            Another week has past and things are coming together. Like I said in the previous post, I got my tri top and used both the top and the bottom last Sunday on my 40/10 workout. That is the distance of the Olympic triathlons, 40k bike (24.87 miles I think) and then a 10k run (6.2mi). This workout is pretty good, as it allows me to get used to the transitions of the bike to run, along with some time to try out some nutritional stuff since I'm moving for a full 2+ hours. For the 40/10 last week I tried some Honey Stinger chewies and then a gu pack from Cliff, or Hammer or someone, I don't remember. I finished with no cramps, which is always nice. The transition to the run always sucks. The first 2+ miles are the worse with my shins always stiff and don't really want to cooperate very much. But as far as the gear went, I have zero complaints. The Zoot top was awesome, and the craft shorts are working fine. I was a little concerned about the shorts when I first got them because there really isn't much padding for the chamois. It's great for the run, but I was concerned about how I'd feel down their from the bike. I think the Adamo saddle that I have is also helping the comfort as well. I will probably have to give that saddle back to Todd this next week when his new Quintana Roo bike comes in. Meaning that I'll have to have Antonio over at Tri Town get me a new one. Which is all good and fine, because as much as I love the Adamo, the bumble bee yellow and black of the seat are ugly as crap on my bike. I am seriously considering buying another one of the Zoot tops from Departmentofgoods.com because they only have one more left in that size and it's super cheap.
               The training is coming along well. The swimming is coming along, as is the bike. I think that I am definately getting faster on the bike. Not a ton faster, but I'll take every little bit that I can get. I still continue to struggle with getting all of my workouts in that Crossfit Endurance is prescribing. It's tough with the family to get both workouts in each day. I am focusing more on the endurance section, and making sure that I at least get that done. If I can then get the strength and conditioning done later, then it's been a great day. The kids seem to have gotten over their sicknesses, and boy #1 has yet to get it, so I think that we are in the clear. Shawna did have a day of puking, which she tried to blame on my cooking, but that was unrelated to what the kids had.
As far as the wetsuit decision, I had two different suits that I was considering. I was looking at a Profile-Deisgn Wahoo or the Orca Sonar. A base model from PD, or a well known (ie most popular) "mid-level" suit from Orca. I ended up choosing the Orca, and am so happy that I did! I was stoked when it arrived, and after trying it on, I wanted to go swimming even though it was 11pm. I really can't give the suit a full review until I'm able to get some open water swims in when the weather warms up a bit. But the first day I get to jump into the ponds and use the suit, you can bet that I'll be there.

So here's a blurry cell phone pic of the new suit. I'll post a better one from when I take it out for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment